Pinterest was launched last March 2010 and ever since it was released it has become one of the best social networks to market and share a business online. Wikipedia.org defines Pinterest as a platform to which people use to collect ideas for projects and interests. Users can create and share collections (called “boards”) of visual bookmarks (called “Pins”). Pinterest has grown its network to 70 million total users and 40 million active users per month. Here are additional statistics that will prove why Pinterest is a good marketing platform for online businesses today.
- 80% of Pinterest users are female
- 158 is the average number of pins from female users
- 84% of women and 50% of men on Pinterest stay active
- 92% of Pinterest pins are done by women
- 23% of Pinterest users use it at least once a day
- 21% of online adults use Pinterest
- Buyers referred to a site from Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase
Pinterest is one of the most popular social networking sites after Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn and its popularity is continuously growing. As defined, Pinterest is a collection of ideas and solutions wherein businesses can certainly share to their audience.Clearly Pinterest is a great place for a business to set up a marketing campaign. Here are some things you need to remember:
- Use a Pinterest Business Page. Pinterest offers a business page so that businesses can market and share the images from their website. A business page looks entirely the same as a regular Pinterest profile but businesses will have more access to some very powerful analytic tools. These tools will show businesses the most popular and most shared pins from your business profile. This data will help businesses improve their strategy.
- Optimize Your Pins for SEO. It is always important that you make your pins SEO friendly. Proper use of keywords will provide you great opportunity on ranking well on search engines and on Pinterest search. Here are some pointers you also need to remember with regards to Pinterest SEO.
- Username – make sure you use your brand name as your username.
- About section – You only get 160 characters to describe your company, but that should be more than enough to briefly explain who you are and what you do, while using relevant keywords.
- Boards – for SEO purposes make sure to create few different boards that focus on specific keywords.
- Pins – do not forget to add unique descriptions for your pins.
- Use Best Size Images. Make sure to use high quality images with 735 pixel of width.
- Have a Number of Specific Boards. Make sure to curate your pins accordingly. Creating boards with specific topics makes your business profile more categorize. You can use keywords as board names, which will also help on Pinterest search.
- Regularly Update Your Pins. Keep your boards up to date by regularly pinning interesting pins to your boards.
- Brand Your Pins. The obviously goal of Pinterest is social media recognition. Business wants to reach as many people as possible. With that we want people to follow us, to interact with us pins, and to repinourpins. If that’s the case, then we want to make sure that the contents were recognized that it came from us. Putting a watermark can be helpful in this regard!