Content marketing and social media marketing are two of the main strategies today being used in promoting a website online. It is a fact that content marketing heavily involves social media marketing. And that works the same way as social mediamarketing needs contents in order to post and share something on social networks. These strategies are both tested and effective but for now, let us take a look on what are the differences of the two.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing refers to the process of getting visitors using social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and more! Meaning the centre of the activity revolves around these popular social networks.
What is Content Marketing?
According to Wikipedia, content marketing is any marketing that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire customers. It is an ongoing process that is best partnered into a marketing strategy. In simple terms, content marketing is a way of communicating with customers without selling something. The purpose of the content is to provide information that will help the readers decide what is best.
Both social media marketing and content marketing can be used for different purposes but social media tends to focus on two main objectives.
- Brand Awareness – create activity and conversation regarding the brand.
- Customer Retention – brands can use social networks as a way to get feedbacks and answer questions from consumers.
On the other hand, content marketing focuses on demand generation. As quality content brings prospects to a brand’s site, brands can build a relationship with the potential clients and enhance them towards a lead conversion or purchase.
How Social Media Marketing Works With Content Marketing
Here are the five essential steps to success in social media marketing.
- Start with a Plan – If a business seeks success in driving sales and leads from social, they need to have a clear digital strategy that incorporates social media. Often, tools can help manage social media activities in a more effective and productive manner. For a list of social media tools click here!
- Create Quality Content – there are 4 simple things to remember in creating contents they are:
- Think Visually – Many online users tend to give interest to images and videos they see on their feeds. Think about interesting topics that can be converted to graphical representation of information. Furthermore, studies show that people are more likely to recall the content of a post when it is accompanied with a striking image.
- Be Active and Responsive – Take time to respond to consumer questions and feedbacks. This will allow businesses to personally address any queries of their fans and followers. Research also shows that businesses that are responding to queries tend to have a higher retention rate!
- Measure Metrics – it is important to monitor the performance of each posts and how fans or followers are engaging. A few metrics that every business should keep track of are:
- Shares across all social sites
- Conversion rates
- Traffic from social channels to their website
Overall, both strategies are important to a successful website!