Search Engines Optimization (SEO) is the process of making a website visible on search engines results. This included two processes the on page ad off page optimization. On page optimization is about merely checking the html components of the website. That is from the title tags, header tag hierarchy , image tags, anchor texts, href tags and others. This process is also known as site audit. After checking the website’s full structure the next processes is off optimization or also called Link Building. Link Build is the process of creating link from other site pointing back to your website, this links are called your inbound links or backlinks. Backlinks acts like a portal or door wherein people can used to enter your website. Building links is somewhat time consuming and sometimes frustating. Well, that is basing from my experience as SEO and a link builder.
What are the basic things to do in optimizing a website? I”ll be providing you the 10 things you need to do.
- Familiarize the site (Check the structure of the website and be familiar).
- First Ranking and Website traffic (check the current ranking and traffic of the website before optimizing it).
- Count the number of backlinks before optimization.
- On page SEO (created a recommendation on the website structure and errors)
- Keyword Research
- Search for Authority site related to your niche
- Create a blog
- Link building – This includes directory submission, article submission, blog and forums comments and many more (I’ll be creating a different article for this one)
- Check changes of Rankings and traffic
- Continue 6-9 process.
Well, I’ve only provided you a brief discussion about SEO. More detailed articles will be posted soon so don’t worry.